"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Carys's New Toy

Carys is kind of a tomboy. She is very athletic, plays soccer, and keeps up with her favorite soccer team. She doesn't wear girly clothes, wouldn't think of wearing a hair bow, and doesn't play with barbies or baby dolls. At least not toy ones. I mean, why would you play with a fake doll when you can have a real one?

Carys is becoming a great big sister/babysitter/mom's helper. She is an expert at holding Giovanni (check out the head support)..... and knows how to do the "bounce" to calm him down if he is fussy. She changes diapers, if necessary.... and changes outfits as well.When we first arrived home from the hospital, I told Carys that I was going to take a bath, and that when I got out we would give Giovanni a bath. While I was taking my bath, Carys brought everything we needed for Giovanni's bath into my room and had it all set up and waiting for me when I got out. She is an awesome helper.Oh yeah, and besides bathing, changing diapers, changing clothes, etc., Carys and Giovanni have a special game they like to play together. It's called Lion King. I think this is the beginning of a very special relationship.

2 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

That is beyond adorable! The new baby is very precious... It's funny, my children started doing the "Lion King Lift" with one of our foster babies... That movie must make a real impression on little ones!?

Susan Doss said...

That is really precious how Carys has bonded with Giovanni. She makes a great helper and 'big sister'!!!
Susan