"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, July 25, 2008

Granna's Birthday

Hi, it's Benay. Today is a special day for our family - my mom's birthday. She is affectionately known as Granna around here. There are so many wonderful things that I could say about my mom. She has been and continues to be a wonderful mom and grandmother. She's a wise woman who has taught me so many things.

Here is a picture of my mom in high school. Isn't she beautiful? In her school yearbook, the phrase that was chosen by her classmates to describe her was "The Model of Propriety". Propriety - doing what is proper and right. That phrase fits her personality perfectly. She is a person who will do the right thing whether it is easy or not. I was taught by her to do what is right - even if I didn't want to.

There are so many more wonderful things about my mom that I could write, but I decided to ask the kids what are some of their favorite things about her. Here goes:

"Her biscuits!"

"I like it when she sings lullabies to me when I am going to sleep."

"I like it when she says, 'Remember, always pass the plates clockwise at the table' "
(that whole propriety thing coming out)

"I appreciate that Granna spent over 2 hours rolling my hair up and giving me a perm."


Oh the depth and sentimentality of kids.

Granna, we love you so much and hope you have a wonderful birthday. Wish we could be there to give you a hug in person.

No comments: