"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, December 08, 2008

Prayer Request and a Disclaimer

We wanted to ask you to pray for my (Kevin) mom as she leaves the states today to come for a visit. She's coming to get to know her new grandchild as well as be here for Bronwyn's high school graduation. We are excited she is coming.

It's supposed to be about 95 degrees here when she gets off the plane. Should be interesting to watch her melt when she gets in our car.

This makes the 6th time she's come to see us but the first without my dad. I don't know who's more upset about him not being here, us, my mom or him. We are praying he'll be able to come back soon with her. I think my mom won't mind a quick return visit to hold her grandkids. I learned a long time ago that these visits are for the grandkids and that I've been shoved into last place and I'm okay with that.

Quick Disclaimer: We need to make it clear that the blog from yesterday did NOT come from my mind. It came from the mind of Max Lucado. I put his name under the "subject" heading on the bottom and that's pretty small. Normally I put the name of the stolen author at the top for everyone to know who wrote it. I forgot to do that yesterday and today we got an email about how good my blog was. I had to send a confession email. Benay and I got a good laugh out of it. So rest assured, my writing abilities will continue to only focus on soccer, our kids and what God is doing here. My brain doesn't go very deep. (No comments needed Kaisers)

No comments: