"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Dork

Today is this Goober's birthday - the pretty one on the right:

You guys know what we do. 

Giovanni: (with the question: "What do you want to tell Bronwyn?) "Batman. A little Batman that moves. A little Joker that moves. And a Batman house. (We then asked what he wanted to tell you for your birthday.) Happy Birthday!"

Anderson: "Bronwyn, happy birthday! You are one of the coolest sisters of the universe of the world of the world of the universe. It's hard to believe that you are 22 now. Wow. Happy Birthday!

Carys: "Hey Pony happy birthday, i love you so much and i want you to try to have the best birthday ever even though I wont be there, i miss you so much and when you get back we are going o watch all our musicals together while we eat popcorn with M&M's, i love you soooooooooooo much bjuuuuuus"

Garrett:  Bonniiiii parabeens guriaa! Happy Bday bronwyn! I just wanted to say a couple of things about you (other then you being an awesome sister). You are really good at pretty much everything you do, it seems like you are nice and love everyone even though someone could have been mean to you... ok enough with the girly talk beneath the clothes there is a man and beneath the man you find.. his nucleus. I love you! Have a great day!

Ans: "Brah-wee, Can I just start by saying how THANKFUL I am that we go to college at the same school?! I am so blessed to have you be here for me any time I need you. I love your food, I love going to church with you, I love it when you call me and my Asian ringtone makes me laugh, I love it when you ask me to help you with things, I love it when you let me vent to you about everything. Thank you for being literally the best role model I could have asked for. I want to be everything God has made me to be because you are everything God wants you to be - and that is awesome. I love you SO MUCH!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!"

Almost Husband: "This is for my sweetheart: You are my favorite. You are my best friend every day. I love life when you are in it. You make me love life because you love living so much. Thank you for your joy and the life that you bring to those around you. I SO PROUD OF YOU BRAWRIE! SO OWLD! That makes me cool that my girl is old you know. so thanks. Happy 22 Bronnie!"

Mom:  Happy Birthday, Bronwyn!  I have loved every last minute of being your mom these past 22 years - which have flown by faster than I could ever imagine.  You are sweet, joyful and kind.  I love that you don't get all out of whack about stuff and can take things in stride.  I love that you are goofy and have no problem laughing at yourself.  Oh, and also athletic - a gift you inherited from me.  Anyway, you are just perfect the way you are and I am so proud to be your mom.  I hope your day is super fun and special.  I can't wait to see you soon!!! I love you!

Me: "It's been really cool watching you grow up. As the first child you had to deal with a lot of stuff as me and mom learned how to be parents. We are still learning. You've shown me grace as I've goofed up more than I'd like to admit as a dad. You just rolled with everything and just kept forgiving my faults. . You've always been a great big sister. When you were two and Ans came home from the hospital you seemed ready for that. When you were seventeen and got to be with us in the delivery room and see Gi be born you were ready for that. And all the additions in between, you were ready. As the oldest you've had a lot dumped on you over the years (responsibilities, etc.) and you've always just rolled with it. Didn't like it always I'm sure but never complained. Maybe sometimes I took that for granted. I'm sorry when I did. You've been an amazing blessing for so long in how you take care of your brothers and sisters. Thank you. You are kind, compassionate and really care about everyone you meet. That's a rare thing today. That's a straight blessing from the Spirit. I've always admired how you just seem to be focused on the important stuff in life. The stuff that really matters. You are a great example to your family and to your friends. I love you and am proud to call you my daughter! Have lots of fun today and make good choices :)

No comments: