"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Birthday Girl

This is my girlfriend.I know she's cute but that's not the point of this blog. You see today is her birthday.

We've been married for a few years and we have a few kids. I thought a great way to share what she means to our family is to allow them to share her with you.

I asked each kid how they would describe their mom if they could only use one word or one sentence. Here's what we came up with:

Bronwyn: "Role model and sweet."

Ansley: "Beautiful and kind."

Garrett: "Great. The best mom in the whole world!"

Carys: "She's the best mom anyone could ever have and I love her a lot!"

Anderson: "She's my best friend ever of the whole wide world in the whole universe and I can't believe it!"

Giovanni: He spit up and smiled (don't know if that is a compliment or if he's just being critical).

Me: Beautiful, cute, best friend, great wife and great mom would all be words that come to my mind but a more important word would be grace. My wife bleeds grace. I've seen people abuse that grace and have even heard people tell her she talks about it too much (what?) and yet she still bleeds grace. She understands what Christ did for her, his example to others and she can't help but try to follow that example and share that grace with everyone she meets.
(I know mine was longer than a word or a sentence but I just couldn't help myself)

As you can tell by our comments, we feel very blessed to have her in our lives.

2 comments:

Writing4life said...

Happy Birthday Benay!!1 I miss you guys so much :(
-Andrea

Mark and Ali said...

i know this is a little late -- but we wanted to tell you how special you have become in our lives, too, benay!
many years ahead, full of grace.

much love
kaisers