"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Place

I think the kids are already getting used to the apartment and it's proximity to their school.

We can, literally, step out the front door of our apartment building and be at school, walking, in about a minute.

Here's some good ones from the first couple days of school in our new place:

Monday, after Carys left for school, she called my girlfriend and told her she was coming back to get a book she had forgotten. She then she said, "You can either throw it out my window to me or bring it down to me......but I'd prefer it if you threw it out the window."

If you know Carys then that doesn't surprise you.

My girlfriend threw it out the window.

Yesterday I walked the kids to the front door of the apartment. After I opened the gate, Garrett and Carys took off toward school. I looked at Anderson and asked if it would be okay if I walked him to school. He looked at me and said, "Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this day my whole life!!"

If you know Anderson and the extremes in every day of his life then that comment doesn't surprise you either.

We held hands and walked to school together.

We are thankful that the kids are loving our new place and we feel blessed to be here.

1 comment:

the Jewell family said...

Congratulations. I'm glad you finally made it into your new place.
Love,
Sam