"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Birthday Boy

Today this little chunky dude has a birthday.
He's the big brother now and he looks like this:


Everyone knows by now what we do on birthdays. Here we go:

Gi: " Happy birthday garrett!! I like playing soccer with you and wrestling with you! I love you!"

Canderson: "Garrett happy birthday buddy! I love you and i can't believe you are 18! Have an awesome birthday!"

Vivi: "HEY G-MAN HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know we fight a lot but i love you a lot! Sooooo much! Have a great day! And i will beat you at bowling so prepare yourself."

Ans: "Happy birthday G-dawwwwg! I love hanging out with you and watching movies and cracking up. I really miss you a lot when Im in college and I wish you could come to ACU so we could hang out for a year before I graduate! But it's ok i know you have to go be big soccer star somewhere else.... whatever. I hope you like your birthday today and I am so glad I get to be here!!! You are one of my best friends and Im ready to watch that funny movie tonight hahah!"

B: "Hey Quariti!!! Happy birthday!!! I'm so glad I get to be with you on your birthday this year. You are so sweet and cool, and I'm so glad I get to be your sister. I love you so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORK!!! It's too bad I can still take you out."

Stevo: "Garrett, Happy birthday brother. Sometimes I forget that you are younger than me because I look up to you in so many ways. You have a sterling heart. I am praying for you as you negotiate some possibly big transitions coming up! The unknown is scary, but I am so excited to see where God places you next. Live it up today, you are now an ADULT. A MAN. I love you brother, happy 18."

Girlfriend: Happy Birthday, Garrett! I want to apologize for stuffing you into the little bunny outfit (above). You look like you just loved every minute of wearing that! I am so proud of you and can't wait to see all the neat things that God has prepared for your future. You have a wonderful, servant, humble and generous heart and tons of talents. You are a great big brother and son. Thank you for being so good and for setting a great example for your younger brothers to follow. I love you so much. Love, Mom

Me: "I can't believe you are 18. I'm very proud of you and the man you've become. I love the example you are to your friends. I love the way you take care of your mom and brothers/sisters. I especially love the way you are growing your own faith in Jesus. You are owning it and not borrowing it from other people. Praying for your future and I know the Lord will put you in the perfect place for you to do His will. I also love the fact that you are 18 and I can still pound you! Sorry about that one. Have an awesome day! I love you.


2 comments:

The Blume Family said...

commenting

The Blume Family said...

trying to work on this blog