"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, April 11, 2008

Faith

Here's one reason why I love Chuck Swindoll's teaching ministry so much:

"What we often don't realize is that behind the scenes, before He ever flung the stars into space, God had today in mind. He had this very week in mind. In fact, He had you in mind. And He knew exactly what He was going to do. God is never at a loss to know what He's going to do in our situations. He knows perfectly well what is best for us. Our problem is, we don't know. And we say to Him, "Lord, if You just tell me, then I'll be in great shape. Just reveal it to me. Explain Your plan to me, and I'll count on You." But that's not faith. Faith is counting on Him when we do not know what tomorrow holds."

Sometimes we need to be reminded that if we can see it and hold it before we act in faith it isn't faith at all.

Stepping out on faith isn't always easy but that's kind of the point isn't it?

1 comment:

the Jewell family said...

Hey,
I love the video of the church singing.
Sam