"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Retraction

A retraction is a public statement, either in print, or by verbal statement that is made to correct a previously made statement that was incorrect, invalid, or in error. The intent of a public retraction is to correct any incorrect information.


So yesterday I blogged about the funny comment my son made about there being an astronaut hall of fame. I thought it was pretty funny. We all gave Garrett a hard time.


This morning we woke up and Benay said, "Uh, is there an astronaut hall of fame?"


I laughed and then did a google search and came up with this site.


Turns out there is a hall of fame for astronauts. Guess I should of googled it before I cracked on my son.


I went downstairs and told Garrett (who had endured a lot of joking since his comment). He smiled, jumped into my arms, started laughing and kept repeating, "I told you they had a hall of fame. I told you they had a hall of fame."


So this is my retraction. I do this to apologize to my son.


I also thank my wife for having me do the google search. I do not, however, thank the wise guys who have made "hilarious" comments on yesterday's blog about Garrett's dumb teacher. You can crack on me if you want but we both know that you also had no idea there was an actual astronaut hall of fame. You just googled it.


I also know who you are and that's a good thing as we can learn a new word together.....retribution.

No comments: