"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, February 08, 2013

Birthday Chick

Today is my girlfriends birthday. You all know how cute she is. If you forgot I'll remind you:
Told you she was cute. 

You know how we do it on birthdays. Here we go:

Gi: "I want to go to the swimming pool and the beach! Just that! I want to say Happy Birthday to her! I love you mom!"

Anderson: "Mom, I love you! Happy Birthday! I hope you have the best one ever! I'm happy and lucky to be your son. Thank you for everything and this is the day I can show how much I love you by having a good time with you and that's all."

Carys: "Happy Birthday mom! I love you so much and i couldn't imagine my life without you, you make every day happy and i wanted to thank you for being the best mom ever and for loving me every day and making everybody happy when you walk in I LOVE YOU!"

Garrett: "Happy Birthday mom! I love you so much! I love everything about you, how you treat others, how you are always really nice to people even when they did something bad or wrong, how you take care of our family especially the kids and I love your food! You are the best cook ever! I love you a ton, and I hope you have an awesome birthday!! Love you!" 

Ansley: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I miss you so much already and am sad I can't be there with you today!! I want you to know how much you mean to me. I love talking to you on the phone, facetiming with you when you can figure out how to work the iPad, and making you laugh when I am back home. Thank you for literally ALWAYS being the perfect example of EVERTHING I WANT TO BE as a woman. You are amazing mom!! I love you so so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Bronwyn: "Happy Birthday Mom!!!! I wish I was there with you so badly today, but I know that you'll be having so much fun You seriously are the best mom in the whole world. You are the best at taking care of all of us and having fun with us. Thank you for all of your advice and help that you give me! I love you so much, and I hope you have a great day!!!"

Stephen: "Hey mom. Thank you for choosing to live your life selflessly. Who you have chosen to be is a large part of what makes your family beautiful. I appreciate so much the way you love, lead and serve your family and others. Thanks for putting up with Kevin, too. You should win a big birthday reward. I love it when you kiss me on the forehead. I love you Benay! Can't wait to see you soon."

Me:  "I've said it before but I've never met anyone like my girlfriend. She's the most selfless, caring, grace giving, forgiving, non grudge holding, loving, happy, fun person I know. She is the most incredible wife and mother in the world. Our kids, as you can tell from what they shared above, are so blessed to have her as a mom and the cool thing is that they know it. I'm a better person because God blessed me with her. If you've known me for a long time I know you are nodding your head in agreement right now. That's cool, I'm nodding with you. I'm closer to God now and I thank my girlfriend for being a major part of that. I honestly don't feel like anyone is more blessed than I am. And on top of all that I've shared, she's the best looking girl I know. I thank God every day for blessing me with such an incredible partner in this spiritual walk. I love you Benay!"

I thought about putting a bunch of pictures of my girlfriend here at the end. Then I remembered one of my all time favorite photos of her. You can't even see her face but it's just a perfect picture of who she is as the mom of this family. It's perfect. I love it. 
Feel free to leave a comment here or call, email or send her a note on facebook today to wish her a happy birthday. We know she'd love it. 

1 comment:

the Jewell family said...

Oh, I'm so honored to be the first to leave a comment on your birthday! I wish I could be there to give you a hug. I miss you. By-the-way, you share a birthday with our bearded dragons. They are hatching today. I knew that would make you feel special. I think we'll name at least one of them Benay. Happy birthday.