"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, March 17, 2008

Down But Not Out

This is my girlfriend. Yeah, I know she's cute. She took the three oldest kids to the mall last Monday to do some shopping. After being gone for about 20 minutes I got a call from Bronwyn saying there was an emergency with mom. I told her to put mom on the phone and she told me there was an accident at the mall. I told her to come home right away. When she got home I was met with this:Notice how the pinkie toe just doesn't look right? How it kind of goes away from his friends? Like he's kind of stuck up and doesn't want to be a part of the group? A big, tall guy in the mall happened to be taking a step back right when Benay was walking behind him and the side of her foot hit his heel. We decided it would be best to go get an x-ray done. Diagnosis...........Broken pinkie toe. She has to keep it wrapped for two weeks. Thank goodness she didn't need a cast. She is able to do everything except get her foot wet. This is Benay leaving the MD's office. She can even make a broken toe look stylish can't she? Don't worry about her. Like I said it's only for two weeks and she has lots of good helpers (helping her eat ice cream, helping her watch DVD's, etc) as she rests and keeps her foot up.

No comments: