"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not a great start.

Our team played the first leg of the Brasil Cup finals last night. It was a good game. We played great even though 4 of our starters were out (2 are currently playing in South Africa with the Brasilian national team, one was suspended and one was hurt).

Unfortunately we came out on the wrong end of a 2-0 score. (Even though the second goal should not have been allowed but I won't even get into it. It makes me want to puke. If you understand soccer rules you will pick it up on the video).

Anyway, the return game is here in 2 weeks and we will be there. We have to beat them by 3 to be the champs. It's not going to be easy but we have faith. We already have some prayer warriors on it. This morning when Anderson woke up he asked me who won. I told him, and he did not like it. I told him we needed to start praying that Inter would win big when we play in our stadium. Immediately Anderson bowed his head and started praying out loud for Inter to win the next game.

I'm not sure God cares so much about our soccer team but I'm not going to tell my 5 year old to stop praying. God tells us to pray about everything. Maybe He does care about soccer.

Here are the highlights of the game for our diehard Inter fans:

No comments: