"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our 4th daughter?

We spent halloween in the states.  Giovanni had never done halloween before and he had a ball.  

A day or two later Carys and Granna (Benay's mom) thought it would be funny to dress our little boy like this:
Okay kind of funny especially around halloween.  "Hey everybody, look at the little boy in the belly dancing outfit."  Chuckle, chuckle.  Everybody has a big laugh.  Okay, now let's get that off my son please. 

Yesterday morning I left for a short run around a nearby park.  I wasn't gone very long.  When I got home I found out that Benay and Bronwyn had been at work.  

I was met with this:
Halloween is over.  What is going on?  

They claimed that Giovanni wanted to wear Benay's nightgown.  

How exactly does a 15 month old child, whose main words so far are ma ma, da da and bob-bob, (for Sponge Bob Squarepants) ask to wear your nightgown? In the words of Anderson their comment was.........interesting

It seems that I now have to deal with a bigger version of Anderson and Carys in our house in their ability to make a story "come alive." 

Feel free to pray for our son.  Poor little guy.  

Go ahead and pray for Benay and Brownyn while you are at it. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

About the belly dancing outfit...I'd be concerned to see that on a little girl! Who sells such things and why did you have it on hand?! Poor little guy.

Blume Family said...

Jennifer, My mom has a big tub of dress up clothes that she buys at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. My guess it was someone's old halloween costume. I thought he made a cute little belly dancer!

Jennifer said...

You're right, he was cute. I bet your mom's house is a kid's dream.