"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sunday-Part 6.....Anderson style

We've posted all week about how awesome last Sunday was. It really wouldn't seem right if Anderson and his "isms" didn't make an appearance on that day as well. Even in sickness the kid makes us laugh.

He came into our room Sunday night/Monday morning at 1:00 to tell us that he thought he was going to "puke." As Benay said later, "Anderson is not one to shy away from a good puke."

Anderson: "I think I'm going to puke."
Me: "Maybe you're not. Maybe it's just a stomach ache."
Anderson: "Dad, I know when I'm going to puke. I've done it thousands of times."
Me (super compassionate dad): "Well, not really thousands."
Anderson: "Well.......I've done it a few times."

While he was hovering over the commode we had this conversation:
Anderson(in a very calm, workmanlike manner.......like he's literally been here thousands of times before): "Dad, it's coming in. It's coming in."
Me(compassionate part again): "You mean it's going out?"
Anderson: (still very calm)"Yeah okay dad.....whatever."

After the puke "came in/went out" he looks up at the ceiling and calmly says, "Thank You God!"

Like any good dad I then send him to bed. On the way past our bedroom Benay, like any good mother, asked me if he brushed his teeth. So like any good dad I ask, "Do you want to brush your teeth?"
Like any good 6 year old he looks at me and says, "No, that's okay.  I brushed them before I went to bed."

Anderson is funny even during "puke" time.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing that touching story. We all enjoyed it.

Sascha Terry said...

What would we do without this blog and without Anderson? I mean really, what would we do?