"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Again

Christmas is such a busy time of year and there are so many things happening that we could blog about. But I (Benay) didn't want to let this day go by without recognizing my parents, Berney and Jane Waite, who are celebrating their 45th anniversary today. Kevin wrote about his parents at the end of November, and I can't help but think what a huge blessing it is to have both sets of our parents celebrating 45 years of marriage. What a wonderful heritage!
December 22, 1962 (My mom made her dress!)

I want to thank my parents for loving me and my sister and brother the way that they did (and still do!) and for raising us to love God. They taught me so many things - the importance of family, the joy of being around children and sharing in their world, to love the church and Bible study, to love music and singing, and to do the right thing always, even when it isn't easy. I learned from them that wherever you are can feel like "home" if you make it special and the people you love are there. My mom and dad have been great examples to me and they bless our family and our children so much. It is hard to be far away on special days like today, so I just want to say....

Happy Anniversary Mama and Daddy. I love you and am so thankful that you are my parents.

No comments: