"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another Birthday

February through April are our main birthday months. Five of our eight family birthdays fall in these months.

Today we celebrate the last birthday for a while.

It's Ansley's turn. She is now of legal age, in Brasil, to drive a car and to purchase alcoholic beverages, so this afternoon we are going to let her drive our car to go get the beer for her birthday party. (Come on, it's a joke.)

You guys know the deal on birthdays so here we go:

Giovanni: "I love to play with Ansley and I love to play "Teacher Mary" (a teaching puppet Ansley uses in her job). I'm really going to miss Ansley when she goes to Ecuador."

Anderson: "She's one of my favorite sisters. I love her. She's really funny. She's really fun. She makes really, really, really good food."

Carys: "She's a really good, funny, silly, weird and dorkyish sister and I love her very much."

Garrett: "I love her." (deep teenage boy response)

Bronwyn: "Ansley is so sweet to everyone and everyone loves her. She's my best friend. I miss you, Ans!"

Girlfriend: "Who can turn the world on with her smile?  Who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?"  (I realize I'm showing my age here, but a lot of you will get it.)  Ansley has so many talents and a contagious personality.  She is so much fun to be around and I know that God will use her in so many ways to bless the world.  I love you Ansley.   PS  She can also make me laugh more than anyone!

Me: "She's funny. Really funny. I love how it takes her all of two seconds to make my girlfriend laugh. It can be about anything and my girlfriend is, literally, crying. She's a great big sister and baby sitter of her little brothers and sisters. When she wants to entertain them it's like show time. They would rather be entertained by her than by any movie or show. I love watching her begin to really tap into the gifts that God has given her. I love that even though she thinks that her friends don't see any difference in her life I know that she is making an impact on them for God's kingdom by the way she is a light for Him.  She stands out for God but not in a "Pharisee type...look at me" kind of way. She leads by example. I love that she is going to live in Ecuador in a few months to grow God's kingdom there. I love that she isn't afraid to let God stretch her and take her out of her comfort zones. I love that God has given me this tough, stubborn, fun, funny young woman of God and I love that I get to see how she is maturing and growing and growing His kingdom.

We love you Ans!

No comments: