"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, September 08, 2008

Who Does He Look Like?

We just wanted to warn those of you who aren't our blood relatives (and maybe some that are) that you might not find much blogging about God's work here in Brasil over the next few days because we plan on sharing lots of info about Giovanni. So if new baby stuff is not for you then you might want to check out now.

You have been warned.
With those still with us.......here is today's blog.
With any new baby the inevitable question comes of, "Well who do you think he looks like?" We've already gotten that at least 10 times from our Brasilian family and friends.

I hate that question. Mainly because I don't have a clue, nor do I care, if my son has Grandpa Herbert's (okay not a real grandpa name in our family) chin or Aunt Velma's (another made up name) dimples or Benay's (real name) eyes. To me, he is who he is.

But if you like that kind of stuff (like my wife, my mom, okay.....most women) you might be interested in who Giovanni looks like.

Basically I am too lazy to go back and hunt over the last 17 years of baby pictures (and then scan them in) but, thankfully, I was able to quickly get my hands on some from our collection of pictures that we used to make a slide show for Benay's surprise birthday this year.

Here they are from youngest to oldest. You can decide for yourself. Have fun:
Giovanni
AndersonCarysGarrettAnsleyBronwyn

3 comments:

Sascha Terry said...

I think that kid looks a lot like Giovanni!

Jennifer said...

I think he's a nice blend of Garrett and Ansley with a touch of unique Giovanni-ness. He's a sweetie.

Callie said...

In the first pictures you posted of him, I thought he looked like Ansley. But the hospital picture is throwing me off a bit.

Mom thinks he looks like Melissa (she also formed her opinion based on the first pics).