"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, September 19, 2008

Carys and Christmas

I had a Christmas flashback with Carys last week.

For Christmas last year Santa Claus gave her a Bible called, Day by Day Kid's Bible. It's a great kid's bible and it has just the right amount of verses for each day. Not too much and not too few. It says on the cover that you can read the Bible in a year with just 7 minutes a day.

Although we haven't been consistent in reading this Bible together daily, Carys and I usually have one day a week when we read together.

Last week we were reading from Luke 12 about Jesus coming back and how we need to be ready. We talked of how awesome it would be if we were still alive when that happened and got to see him come back. We talked of the importance of following Christ's teachings because, as He tells us in Luke 12, he will come when least expected.

Carys paused for a few seconds. I could tell she was in deep thought. I wondered what she was thinking as she took in our conversation.

A couple seconds later I got my answer as she, completely seriously, said, "Dad, I sure hope He doesn't come at Christmas!"

Like we always say, the world is Carys's playground.

No comments: