"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, April 04, 2009

More Birthdays

Today is the 100th anniversary of the greatest sports team in the world.

For those who don't follow soccer or understand how big it is outside the United States we wanted to share some pictures with you.

Today our team, Internacional, had a street parade to celebrate its birthday, and around 30,000 people showed up. Just to walk down the street in their jerseys and flags to celebrate the birthday of a soccer club. Kind of amazing.

Here's what it looked like:I tried to think of something equivalent to this in American sports and came up with nothing.

I hope we are still celebrating tomorrow. We play our most hated rival. Beating them would be the best present we could have.

2 comments:

Sascha Terry said...

I'm sorry I missed the celebration. Looks like all of Inter-Nation turned up! I love how they have cleaned up the indoor soccer stadium.

Blume Family said...

Pretty cool roof soccer ball. Ansley and I were there on Friday and they had about 10 guys up there painting it and getting it ready for the birthday party.