"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More "English" Lessons

We've shared before (here and here) about some of the English translation attempts we've seen here in Brasil. It can get pretty funny.

We'd like to share again.

We blogged yesterday about Inter winning the state soccer championship. I took Bronwyn, Ansley and Garrett. We had a great time.

The only problem with the day was that it was raining. Not a downpour, but enough to make it pretty miserable to watch the game without some kind of protection. You aren't allowed to take umbrellas into the stadium (weapons threat) so on a rainy game day, raincoat vendors come out of the woodwork. You literally will pass one every 10-20 steps on your way to the stadium.

I said raincoats....what they really are are glorified trash bags. Okay that's being too kind. They really aren't glorified trash bags......just trash bags. My "raincoat" didn't even make it to halftime of the game. You know what you are buying when you buy them. It's not a long term investment. It's an investment to get you through that one game.

We bought 4 for about 6 dollars. A deal, I guess. As soon as I opened my pack to get my raincoat I realized the 6 dollars was worth it because we all got a big laugh when we found this priceless sheet inside the bags. Enjoy your English lesson:

No comments: