"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Special Day

Yesterday my mom and dad celebrated their anniversary.

47 years together. Amazing.

We were able to celebrate with them last night. They are a great example to all around of what a Christian marriage should look like.

I asked our family to share what they see in them. Here's what they said:

Giovanni: "They like to babysit and feed me."

Anderson: "They are really fun. I've been waiting to see them for like 10 or 5 or 2 years."

Carys: "They never fight. They always help each other."

Garrett: "They are special grandparents and do everything they can to make us happy. They spend lots of time with us. I love them a lot."

Ansley: "You can tell how much they love each other. They complete each other."

Bronwyn: "How much they love each other. They are always so sweet to each other."

Benay: "They are a great example of how they always put the other one first."

Me: "I will forever be grateful to my dad for showing me how to make my wife feel like a queen. He was a living example of this. He not only taught this with words but, more importantly, with actions in how he treated my mom. My mom continues to show me, my wife and kids what a Christian wife, mom and grandmother looks like. Living a faith filled life without ever calling attention to herself.  Quietly leading by example while not being afraid of sharing her faith. 

We are very blessed to have 4 parents/grandparents who strive to follow Christ.

Happy anniversary mom and dad. 

No comments: