"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, November 23, 2009

Washington DC was Fun!


Here are some more pictures from Bronwyn and my trip to Washington DC.  We had so much fun!  Also, what is with my hair in the picture that Kevin posted a few days ago?  I ripped my contact on the first day there, and to add to the thick glasses I have rooster hair?  Oh well. Here are some (hopefully) better pictures:

Here is Bronwyn and I at the Metro Station.  We became "pros" at using the Metro.  It was great!
The first day we had gorgeous weather and visited the Washington Monument:
Then the beautiful, and very moving World War II Monument.  We felt very proud to be Americans!
From there we had a beautiful walk to the Lincoln Memorial.  The fall trees were so pretty!
Here is the place where Martin Luther King stood at the top of the Lincoln Memorial steps when he made his famous speech for civil rights.
We walked a lot that day, visited the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History...... 
where we saw a display of the largest amethyst discovery in the world from our home state of Rio Grande do Sul.  Kind of exciting!
We then had a nice lunch....
walked by the Capitol Building.....
and visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
We ended that day with a visit to the National Holocaust Museum which was wonderful.
The next day my sister, Cheryl, took a day off from work and we went to Arlington National Cemetery.

That afternoon, we went to a huge thrift store, but I didn't take pictures.  It was fun, though.
The next day, my niece, Kate, sacrificed a day of schooling and accompanied us to the National Art Gallery. (I'm thinking....I'm thinking....)
We had a nice lunch with Kevin's cousin, David...
then on to an IMAX film. (in 3D!)
That night we were treated to a delicious dinner at a restaurant called Artie's.  Yummy!
The best thing about our DC trip was spending time with our family that we love!  
 My sister is one of the hugest blessings of my life and I loved being with her and her family!
Thanks Mike, Cheryl, Kate and Cal for such a fun time.  We can't wait for our next visit!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

You're welcome. We LOVED having you here!