"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.  Our day started with me and my sister running a race together.
She started running over the past few months and has really done great in the races she's entered.  She finished 5th in her age group yesterday. 
 
It was called the Turkey Trot.  They had relay teams who literally had turkey leg batons to hand off to their teammates.
  
More than 2,000 people showed up to run in the 30-40 degree weather. 
I had a great time running with my sister.  
We then enjoyed Thanksgiving at my sister's house.  It was a full house.  

For us, Thanksgiving means family, food and lots of pictures.  
We had lots of people together. Benay's parents, my cousin from Colorado, my nephews were in town, my aunt and uncle and some friends of my parents from their church. Whether we are here or in Brasil, the Blume family always likes to have lots of people together at Thanksgiving. 
  
The day before we celebrated Christmas with Benay's parents.

Yesterday we celebrated with my family. 
Last night we went to my other aunt's (my dad's sister) house and hung out for a while with her, her husband and two of my cousins and their spouses. 

As we end our time in the states we were reminded yesterday of how much we have to be thankful for.  

No comments: