"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1st Loss

I took Carys to tennis practice this afternoon which means we left Garrett and Anderson at home by themselves.

What do two boys do at home when they are all alone?

Yank teeth of course.

Garrett had the privilege of pulling Anderson's first tooth.

To say Anderson was thrilled would be an understatement. He proudly posed to show off his new look.
And my personal favorite.

I hope this isn't a trend. After pulling almost all of Bronwyn, Ansley and Garrett's teeth I only got to pull one tooth out of the mouth of Carys. Why? Because our daredevil, independent child had to pull all of them out herself. The one I did get to pull was just a token pull as she only let me do it because I was bugging her so much.

So we'll see if I get to pull any of Anderson's or if he will want Garrett to pull them all.

I think he looks pretty cool with that one tooth missing.

After I took that picture he told me to "put it on the blog".  I'm just obeying.

He's a funny little dude.

Side note: At 6:45 this evening Anderson came into my room and told me that he had brushed his teeth, gone to the bathroom and washed his hands. He then looked at me and said, "It's time to tuck me in." After I explained to him that if he went to bed at 6:45 he would wake up at 3:00 in the morning, he just smiled and said, "It's just that I am so excited about the tooth fairy and I can't wait to go to sleep."

At 7:05 he was back in asking when could he go to bed. I told him in a little bit and he wanted to know exactly how many more minutes he had to stay up.

At 7:30 he was conked out in his bed.

All I know is that the tooth fairy better not forget to visit Brasil tonight.

I love being a dad.

No comments: