"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, August 16, 2010

Andersonisms

I know I have some extra people that are in the United States right now that are missing hearing their little boy/brother and his ism's. We also have had people emailing us asking us for more from Anderson.

That isn't a joke. He has his own fan base.

Since his public demands them and since he daily adds to the list, I thought I would share some today. Here we go.

One night he was doing his homework in the dining room. I was in the kitchen. He came into the kitchen and we had the following exchange:
Anderson: "Dad, two questions. What is monkey pox?"
Me: "Monkey pox?"
Anderson: "Yes."
Me: "I have no idea."
Anderson: "Second question. What is technology."
Me: "Are those questions part of your homework?"
Anderson: "No."
Me: "You're just asking?"
Anderson: "Yes."
Me: "Okay."

One night he was eating chicken nuggets in the dining room and I was in my room. He then yelled the following:
"Hey dad. Did you know I ate the first gumwich?"

On the way home from school a couple of weeks ago he shared this:
Anderson: "I had a great day. My teacher said I did great today. I didn't get in trouble at all! Not one time. "
Me: "Wow that's great. Not one time."
Anderson: "Nope. Not once. Well maybe once or twice.........or thrice."

Conversation last week (from where this could have possibly come from, other than a certain teenage big sister who loves music, I have no idea):
Anderson: "Do you think that Lady Gaga kisses girls?"
Me: "I have no idea. I don't know anything about her. I don't like her music. I think she's weird."
Anderson:  "Yeah. She's weird.....and gross. I don't like her either. She probably has a gun."

I know, I know. How does a 6 year old's brain want to have a conversation about Lady Gaga, who she kisses and whether she is a gun owner? We don't have cable tv. We don't watch music videos. We don't talk about her. I don't have a clue.

One thing I do know is that if he hears any bit of information, from anybody or anywhere, that slightly interests him it becomes locked into his little brain. You don't ever know when or how that information will be regurgitated but it usually comes back out with a funny twist. We are continually working on Anderson's "you don't have to share everything that's on your mind" button. So far we are losing that battle.

So welcome to Anderson's world. It can be a interesting place to visit. It can sometimes make your brain tired. It can even be kind of scary. But one thing is for sure, you will always leave his world laughing.

No comments: