"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, April 23, 2010

Birthday Time


Today is a special day.....This girl is turning 17.  


Our day will include present-opening, sushi-eating, oreo-ice-cream-cake indulging, candle-blowing, song-singing,  and this guy....

in 3D and English (a rare combination here in Brazil). 
 
So it should be a fun day.

As is our tradition, each person in the family had this to say about our birthday girl.....

Giovanni:  "Thank you for taking care of me and making me smile.  Mom says we are a lot alike!  Thank you for putting "Baby Einstein" on your i-pod just for me."

Anderson:  "It's kind of like we are twins because we both start with A but we are halfway now because she is 17 and I'm 6.  I like to play with her on the computer and she's the best sister."

Carys:  "She's really, really nice and she always does fun stuff with me.  She's one of the best sisters ever.  I love her a lot and I hope she has the best birthday ever!"

Garrett:  "I love her." (oh, the verbosity of a 13 year old boy....)

Bronwyn:  "She's my best friend. I love how crazy she is and how she still talks to me a lot, even though I'm in Rwanda."

Me:  "I am not going to say that Ansley is an incredibly talented and creative girl, because Ansley will say that that is what everyone always says (well, it's true!).  So, I am going to say this:  Ansley, I could not love you anymore than I love you now - just the way you are.  You are beautiful, inside and out, and I could not be more proud of you.  Thank you for bringing me joy and laughter.  You are a great big sister, daughter, friend and Christian example.  I love spending time with you!"

Kevin:   "She has an amazing gift of music and creativity!  I love how she can just hear a song and then figure it out on the guitar.  She is very funny and can make anyone laugh.  Kids love to be with her because of her creativity (story telling, jokes, role playing, etc.).  I love how she lives out her faith among her friends.  She is a great example to them all of what a Christian teenager looks like.  She is a beautiful, fun, spunky girl and I love her.  Our house is blessed because Ansley is in it."

Grandmommy:  "Ansley is our beautiful creative granddaughter.  There's never a dull moment when she's around.  She can make us smile when no one else can.  Thanks for sharing your room with us during our visit.  We love you very much."


click here for some more about Ansley....

2 comments:

Grace said...

Grace: "She's one of my best friend and I love spend time with her."

Happy Birthday, Ans!

Sascha Terry said...

Happy birthday, Ansley!