"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Thursday, April 01, 2010

No rest for the weary

We picked up my parents yesterday at 3:00 p.m. at the airport.

We didn't give my dad much time to rest. By 8:45 Ansley and I were heading out the door with him (sorry you missed it Bronwyn) to see our favorite team play soccer.  

It was a game in the South American championship. We played a team from Uruguay. We won and are now in first place in our group.

It's always fun going to see a game with Pops.  One thing he taught me, by example, during my childhood was the memories that fathers and kids can have through going to see games together and doing fun things together.  I could make a list of trips and games we saw together.  I won't ever forget those times and, to be honest, the games are what I remember the least. Having some time of just us together was really special for me.  I try to follow his good example.

It's fun for me to now have times of doing that with both my dad and my own kids. 

Here are some videos for Bronwyn and the rest of you Inter fans.  

This one is mainly for Bronwyn to matar saudades. 
This is one of the highlights.  Enjoy. 
Let me go ahead and apologize in advance to you Bronwyn. Tonight Freitas will be doing a churrasco for Papa and Grandmommy. We'll be thinking about you.

2 comments:

cunninghamsinbrazil said...

We are so glad that your parents are there visiting....wish we were there too! There are so many things that we miss about PoA and the Blume family is one of them. Love you guys and hope you enjoy your parents/grandparents to the fullest!!!

Bronwyn said...

eat lots of meat for me! where did you guys sit? love you!