"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travel Prayers

We just put Pops on a plane headed back to the states.

We had a great time being with him and it was fun watching him and mom reconnect with old friends here and make new friends.  

It's always a blessing to have him and my mom here.  Our Brasilian family loves them and we love sharing them with our Brasilian family.

Dad also got to do some spiritual mentoring with a brother while he was here as well as share some biblical insights during our Bible study time.  I love that he isn't shy about his faith and I love that he doesn't come here just to visit us.  When he is here, this is his mission field.  He wants to see God's kingdom grow in Porto Alegre as much as my girlfriend and I do.  Same for my mom.  We are blessed.

Unfortunately, for us, he had to go back to the states to work.  The past two weeks together seemed like it passed by in a day.

He's going home alone today because he graciously allowed us to steal my mom for a few more days.  She'll be heading back in a couple of weeks.

I'm sure we'll blog about some of the things that happened while they were here later but for now we wanted to ask for prayers for his safety.

Thanks.....in advance.

No comments: