"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, October 04, 2010

Election Day

Bonni,

Yesterday was election day.

Ansley (who else?) found the following video that we thought you would like. It's a highlight of some of the best commercials from the country.

Personally, I would have voted for Luciana Costa (you have to love her passion) and Tiririca (you have to love his honesty).

I met with Giu this morning and he told me he read that Tiririca actually got the most votes in São Paulo. I love it. 

Yeda is out. Fogaça didn't even win against her which made Garrett and Anderson sad because they can't sing the Fogaça song anymore although I'm sure Anderson will keep singing it anyway.

We still don't have a new president. Dilma and Serra have a run off in about 4 weeks.

Sorry you couldn't experience the 3 hours daily of free candidate broadcasting on the radio over the last several weeks or the countless pamphlets, bumper stickers and general paper trash given away at red lights.  I know you missed that.

Hope you liked the video.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I really don't know if I should laugh or cry after watch that video!

Bronwyn said...

I'm not surprised Tiririca won! Brazil is awesome.

Sascha Terry said...

Greatness! I don't know if I should laugh or cry about still remembering that stupid Fogaça song!

Garrett said...

Meu nome é LuciANA! Vinte e dois CINQÜEN...!

That is some passion!