"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One More Birthday

Yesterday Garrett turned 14. 

One of the traditions we do on the blog (if you happen to be new here) is to just have family members share what we think of the person celebrating the birthday. 

Here's what we got for the birthday boy:

Giovanni:  I love "Geh".  I like it when he plays with me.  He does a pretty good job of taking care of me even though he doesn't like to change dirty diapers.

Anderson: He's good at soccer. He's really strong but his muscles are made out of peanuts. He is a sports brother. He's really nice, well, sometimes. And he's a great brother. That's all. 

Carys:  He's crazy and funny.  He's really nice to me (sometimes).  Whenever I want to go to the park and play, he goes with me and when I wrestle with him on the floor, he always takes my side to attack Dad.  He's really cool.

Ansley: Even though we fight a lot I really love him. He is really sweet and generous.

Bronwyn: He's a really sweet guy who always thinks of ways to make other people happy. I love how he tries to make me laugh whenever I talk to him. I miss you Gart!

My girlfriend:  Garrett is very sweet.  He has an honest and sincere heart.  He is a good big brother and he knows what is important in life.  I am very proud of him.

Me: He's a good brother and son and he's fun to be around. He's a great soccer player and does his best to "be Christ" to his friends. He is a natural giver. Money is not his god as he would rather buy presents for his family (with his birthday/Christmas/allowance money) than spend it on himself on some stupid stuff. He's a great example to me, and others, of what a persistent prayer warrior looks like. He's already making a kingdom difference.  

No comments: