"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, October 25, 2010

Teenage Boy Logic

Yesterday my girlfriend and I took the kids to Oktoberfest (more on that later.....I love Brasil) at our club and had a great time. 

As soon as we got there Garrett peeled off from our group to find his buddies. He found them on the soccer field and, of course, they played a pick up game. They played for over an hour. 

After we got home and I told him he needed to take a shower before he went to bed. 

He told me he would take one in the morning. 

I looked at my girlfriend for a little help and I was met with, "That's what he always does. He takes his showers in the morning."

I told her I knew he took his showers before school in the mornings but that wasn't the point here. 

Getting no help from her I turned back to my son and told him his sheets would stink if he slept in them without taking a shower. 

The 14 year old solution?

"I'll just put on deodorant before I go to bed."

You've got to love teenage boys.

No comments: