"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Sunday, October 31, 2010

When we get to heaven I'm just not convinced that Jesus is going to say, "When I was hungry, you gave a check to the United Way and they fed me," or, "When I was naked, you donated clothes to the Salvation Army and they clothed me." Jesus is not seeking distant acts of charity. He seeks concrete acts of love: "you fed me....you visited me in prison....you welcomed me into your home....you clothed me."

Shane Claiborne from The Irresistible Revolution (thanks Mark and Ali)

5 comments:

Katie H said...

this book has impacted me so much! glad you guys got to read it. miss you!

l said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
l said...

I just sent Dan by the bookstore to pick this one up. I love the quote and can't wait to read the book. Thanks for sharing. -Laura Ratliff

Blume Family said...

Katie, I'm half way through it and I can't put it down. We miss you too....it's time for you to come hang out with us.

Laura, Be ready for some things that will challenge you in your walk. He shoots straight and that's what I like about him. The book is really making me take a step back and think about how much more God wants me to do for the kingdom. I really think you and Dan will love it.

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this website.
He was entirely right. This post actually made my day.
You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

my web site ... coffee shops