"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, October 11, 2010

Last Night

Bronwyn,

Yesterday we had a house church kids day activity at our house. Lots of people came and we had a great time.

Garrett and I had planned on leaving at 5:30, even if the activity wasn't completely over (with mom's approval of course), to go watch Inter play. 

He bailed on me at the last minute. I asked Anderson if he wanted to go. At first he didn't and then all his friends left so he decided that he wanted to go.  We left at 6:00 for the 6:30 game. 

That's right. Me and Anderson one on one....no Bronwyn or Garrett buffers during the game. 

You better believe I got some good ones. Here's a sample for you to "matar saudades" from game days with Anderson:

After the juiz made a horrible call Anderson asked, "Is he Japanese?" He told me it would probably already be 1-0 for the other team if the juiz was, in fact, Japanese.  (Let me go ahead and apologize to my friends Shin and Tetsuji who occasionally read this blog from Japan. Don't take it personally.....it's just Anderson's world.)

At the intervalo I asked if he wanted a Pepsi. He said, "Sure........I'm in the mood for some thirsty."

Nei got knocked over, got back up, stole the ball and then made a great pass. Anderson said, "Is Nei tough or what? I think both.......don't you?" 

He asked me a question which ended in "right dad?" Before I could answer he said "right?, right?, right?......" 8 times.

As we were leaving the stadium  he said, "Sheesh I talk alot don't I?" Before I could say a word he continued, "I'm a chatterbox. I'm going to try to not talk until we get to that guy selling hats (about 20 feet away)." We got to the guy and he wanted to go 20 more feet. He made and it and then let out a HUGE sigh of relief. Those 40 feet were murder for him.

And the next one is my favorite from the game and maybe all time favorite in-game question. During the game he looked at me and asked, "Does Falcão have a monkey?" I have no idea.

Here are your highlights. We won and that's impressive because we didn't have Tinga, Sobis, Giuliano, D'Alessandro, Indio or Wilson Mathias. They were all hurt or playing for the seleção Brasileira or Argentina. Also, pay close attention to Daniel Carvalho's hand. We watched it about 3 times. I read today that it wasn't broken but he'll miss the next 2 games. It's a weird injury.

Enjoy:

No comments: