"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, October 01, 2010

Inter x Corinthians.....for Bronwyn

Bronwyn,

Me, Garrett and Anderson took Paul to the game with us this past Sunday. We played Corinthians and sat right by their obnoxious fans.

After the game Garrett put it in his top five all time.

In Anderson's words, it was "AWESOME!!"

Below are your melhores momentos. Believe me, it's so worth 10 minutes of your time to watch the whole thing. Things to watch for: D'Alessandro's insane pass to Tinga for the first goal, the crazy thing Nei did at the end of the game (Garrett and I looked at each other, smiled and said "wow" when he did it......crazy but cool) and, of course, Andrezinho.....AGAIN!!


During the game Anderson kept doing this to the Corinthians fans after each of our goals:

I thought it was funny but had to ask Garrett if the hand business was something bad he learned in school from his friends or had seen on tv(you know I still don't know all the curse words and actions). He assured me it was nothing bad. He was yelling hard for Inter (as always) but was also giving it to the Corinthians fans. It was kind of funny.

Andrezinho scored the winning goal on the last play of the game. You can imagine how the place erupted.

Nobody left the stadium for about 15 minutes. Everyone was celebrating and yelling, "Aw, aw, aw....segunda divisão. We loved it!! It was like we won the Libertadores again. You know how deep the hatred is for Corinthians and how the juizes like the tilt it in their favor.

We were standing there celebrating and Garrett said, "I'm not going to but I sure would like to give their fans the middle finger right now."

I laughed and told Paul what Garrett said. Paul's response?  "Even Christians have those feelings sometimes too." Classic and very true.

As we left the stadium, holding hands, Anderson looked at me and said, "It sure is good that we are Colorado's isn't it dad?"

When we got home the boys were still talking about the game and celebrating as we went to the back door. Garrett stopped and looked at me and said, "I sure wish Bronwyn could have been here to see the game with us. I miss me, you and her going to the games together."

Me too Bronwyn. But we had you there in spirit.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Okay, the last paragraph made me cry! I miss mine, too!