"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, May 30, 2011

Honesty

Conversation in the car on the way to school today:

Garrett: "Hey Anderson, let's play I spy."
Anderson: "Okay."
Garrett: "Okay, I'll go first. I spy with my little eye something that is white."
Anderson: "Uh, dad's hair."
Me: "Uh, hey, what? What did you say?"
Anderson: (while Garrett is cracking up) "Nothing. Nothing."
Me: "What did you say boy?"
Anderson: (while Garrett is tickling him to tell the truth) "Okay, I said your hair?"
Me: "That's what I thought you said. Well, at least I still have more dark hair than white hair. I think I'm going to color my hair to make it dark again."
Garrett: "Serious?"
Me: "No."
Anderson: "Well it's your hair. You can do whatever you want with it."
Me: "You know who likes my white hair? Mom. I don't understand why but she does."
Anderson: "Well old people like old people hair when they get old."

Anderson is the king of honesty. He doesn't say things to hurt. He just thinks it and it comes out. We're still trying to work on the filter part of that honesty.

If you are coming to stay with us anytime soon (Traci it's your job to prepare the group and Stephen and Weston you guys have been thoroughly warned by Bronwyn) please be prepared for this little boy. He's a straight shooter.

No comments: