"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Friday, November 12, 2010

Election Update

Remember our recent Brasilian elections when we posted a video showing our "favorite" candidate commercials?

If so, do you remember our buddy Tiririca?

If not then click here, start the video and go to the 54th second to see him. Then go back, just for fun, and watch the entire video. You don't have to understand Portuguese to appreciate some of our candidates.

Tiririca's real name is Franciso Everardo Oliveira Silva and he is a comedian and a singer. Last month he ran for senator. 

In the video he asks, "What does a senator do? Actually I don't know. But vote for me and I'll tell you."

I loved it and apparently so did many Brasilians. He won.

Now there is a possible problem. Go here to read.

I personally am pulling for this guy. I'm tired of professional politicians and I loved his honesty. Of course being able to read and write is probably a good thing for a senator to know how to do. But I honestly sometimes wonder how many in Washington, D.C. actually know how to do those things.

Anyway, as we hear more about Tiririca we will let you know.

No comments: