"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Anderson

Anderson brings us joy every day in his words.  Sometimes he overloads us with his words but he's always got something to say and it's usually funny.

Yesterday he brought a stool in to sit on while I put on his shoes for school.

He told me he was sitting on his "toilet of justice."

If you aren't familiar with what a "toilet of justice" looks like then this picture is for you:
Toilets of justice are only made in Brasil.  If you want one just let us know.

Later, on the way to school, he wanted to talk history and world events.  He is a gaúcho.  That is the name of someone born in our state, Rio Grande do Sul.

I tell people we are the Texas of Brasil.  Gaúcho's are VERY proud of our state and VERY independent.  Reminds me of most Texans I've met.  I love those traits about Texans and Gaúchos.  Anderson is not shy about letting you know that he is 100% gaúcho.

Yesterday he wanted to know if the United States and gaúchos had ever gotten into a war.  I told him no.  He said it was because the United States knew they couldn't beat us.  Like I said, he's very proud he is a gaúcho.

We then switched to the rest of the world.

He gave some facts that the rest of us didn't know.

Here's a brief overview:

"Africa has troubles, dad..........big troubles."
"Africa is the poorest country in the world."
"Africa is the most magical country in the world."
"Paris is the richest country in the world."

He then asked me which country had the most killings in the world.

I think my brain was already tired from answering so many questions plus the fact that I have no idea how to answer a question like that.  So I said I didn't know.  He then asked Garrett and Garrett said, "I don't know.  Maybe China and Germany.  No, not Germany.  Probably China."

After Garrett's answer Anderson looked at me and asked with a disgusted voice while shaking his head, "Dad,how can a teenager know more than a dad?"

He has a way of making a 30 minute drive very interesting, funny and never boring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Anderson:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

I was just curious.

Tricia

Chelsey said...

That made my day :)

Bronwyn said...

dear dad,
tell mom and ans to make a new header for your blog. this one is hurting my eyeballs.
love,
bronwyn