"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Monday, March 08, 2010

Birthday Kiddo

Today is a special day for our family. Carys turns 11. Hard to believe that our youngest daughter is 11.

On birthdays we allow the special person to pick everything that's done that day. If you know Carys then you know she put a lot of thought into this and it is well planned out. Here is what our today is looking like:

For breakfast she ordered mocha chocolate chip banana muffins. Benay worked on this last night to have them ready for breakfast today (it's kind of wild here before school if you can imagine). After school she wants to go out to eat for lunch (kids only go to school half days here). She doesn't know what she wants yet so she said she will think about it during school and let us know where we are going once she gets in the car. That could be interesting. Then she wants to go to a game room in a mall to play video games. For supper she has requested Totosinhos. That is the name of a company that makes mini hot dogs.  

Here is what the family has to say about her on her special day:

Bronwyn: "She's so sweet.  She's my movie partner and she gives me hugs everyday.  I miss you!

Ansley:  "She is just all around sweet.  Even when we fight she is always the first one to come and say she is sorry.  I love her."

Garrett:  "I love her and I want her to have the best birthday ever!"

Anderson:  "We laugh together so hard and we like to play with each other.  We like to play video games with each other.  She helps me on video games.  She helps me a bunch.  She's my best, best, best friend and we go togther to the same school."

Giovanni:  "I'm kind of a grumpy wake up guy.  Carys has a way to make me smile and laugh when no one else can.  Sometimes I just giggle at her when she really isn't doing anything.  She is fun and I love her!"

Benay:  "Carys is a FUN kid.  I love doing things with her and just talking with her.  She has a sweet heart and is a helpful and good big sister.  I am so glad that God gave her to us!"

Me:  "Carys is a blessing to our family.  She has the most infectious laugh of any kid I've ever been around.  She definitely has a glass half-full mentality.  She sees fun in almost any situation.  We've said it before but the world really is her playground.  I hope that never changes in her.  God really blessed us with her.  Our family would be less fun if she wasn't around."

5 comments:

Sascha Terry said...

Happy birthday, Carys!

Michael Green said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Grace: "She's the prettiest 11 year old girl I've ever known (inside and outside). I feel really blessed to have her around me."
Happy birthday, kiddo!
Love you,
Grace.

Chelsey said...

Happy 11th birthday Carys! That picture with those two dogs is ADORABLE!