"Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words." Saint Francis of Assisi

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday-3 days and counting

Mom,

Dad ran his 10K. He did really good in it.

It's his birthday and we gave him a coupon book. It was filled with coupons.

And then we went at Applebees.

Right after that we went to rent a movie. We rented Tin Tin.

We miss you and can't wait to see you!!! Only 3 more days.

Love you and miss you,

Anderson


Me:

I've really had a good birthday.

The race was cold and wet (12 celsius). It rained the entire race but not bad. It ended up being perfect weather. I must confess that I was missing my running mate. 

Here I am with my new shirt and medal.

I look real happy don't I?

I don't want to brag but I also scored this awesome Sogipa towel.

Jealous? You should be. Only 350 people in all of Brasil have one. Yes, I am special and yes I still look real happy don't I?

Came home and the kids gave me a coupon book. 

Here's what the coupons were (spelled just as it was written):
One free car wash.
10 free wrestling rouds. Garrett:Nacho. Anderson: HHH. Giovanni:Tormentor
One head/foot massage (with a picture of a head, a foot and a back).
One free coupon for anything that u want!
1000 free coupons to play how much games u want to play on xbox or PS3.
And my favorite:
One free coupon for a lesson to be cool and not a goober like u. 

Anderson was watching Pica Pau on a Brasilian station but it was in English. He was freaking out.

Gi then came over and started making Pica Pau's noise. We had to film it. It reminded me of another little Pica Pau. 


Don't you love the, "I love Disney World" comment at the end? I told you he is talking about going there almost every day. Have no idea how that got started but he is locked in.

After I came home the birthday calls started coming in. 

Bronwyn and then Ansley called and sang happy birthday.

Melissa and Gary called while I was talking to B and they left a message.

Mom and Dad called, with some help this time, and did their traditional Blume birthday thing.

Having our U.S. phone number is really a blessing isn't it? 

André and Fabi also called to wish me a happy birthday. Very cool.

In the middle of all the calls I heard the dryer making some horrible noises. Yes again. Sorry. But this time it was scary awful. So I decided to do minor surgery for the 10th time in the last 6 months.

This is what I found inside.
Final tally? 2 socks, 5 wash cloths, 2 pairs of underwear, 28, yes 28,  dryer sheets and 2 of our mesh bags? What? How did those two bags even get into the dryer without clothes?

I'm pretty sure most of the stuff is ruined but I bagged it up to see if you might know a secret to get the black tar out of them.

Anyway. I think it's time to suck it up and buy a new dryer. The gap in the seal is, obviously, only getting worse.

We've had a good 10 year run. Can you say payments in 10 vezes? Thankful we can do that.

We loved everything we got at Applebees (as noted by the boys thanking me about 10 times each for taking them there).


You won't believe what Quigs did while we were there.



During the Tin Tin movie Gi watched the pirates fighting and, of course, had to become a pirate himself.
Garrett and I are going to watch, if we can stay up, Moneyball tonight. 

Gi's prayer at bedtime:

"Dear God, Thank You for mom and Carys being home safe and thank You for being nice to people."

I liked how he thanked God for your, already, safe arrival in 3 days. I also think he nailed God's character didn't he? Pretty insightful for a 3 year old. 

Ready for you to get home. Just being honest. 

No comments: